WaCoCo promotes the social and economic wellbeing of the people Waterloo by supporting the sustainability and effectiveness of local community and voluntary organisations through drawing in funding, encouraging local partnerships and networks, and increasing their voice on local issues.
Healthy London Partnership seeks two patient representatives to sit on the London Choosing Wisely Steering Group
Healthy London Partnership is seeking two patient representatives to sit on the London Choosing Wisely Steering Group
The London Choosing Wisely programme aims to standardise healthcare treatment across London for several procedures. Its stated aim is to ensure equitable treatment access to all in London that is consistent, clinically appropriate and based on robust evidence that supports improved patient outcomes. It seeks to reduce variation in treatments across London and to ensure that NICE guidance is systematically implemented. Eight procedures have been selected for the first phase.
Joining this group is an opportunity to take part in an important programme that will improve the standards of treatment for Londoners. Patient representatives should:
· scrutinise the programme and ensure a robust process has been followed, including the impact on patient experience
· have experience of being members of steering groups or decision-making committees, and have a good understanding of programme governance
· have a general understanding of transformation programmes and the benefits to the public and the NHS
· have the ability to influence others articulating a balanced view
· have the ability to communicate effectively, listening to others and actively sharing information
· effectively engage with groups and individuals representing the public and patients
· live in London or receive healthcare in London
Patient representatives will be compensated for their time and travel in line with NHS England’s participation policy.
Anyone interested in applying for this role should contact the programme team on email@example.com outlining their skills / experience in line with the requirements above by Friday 9 February.