WaCoCo promotes the social and economic wellbeing of the people Waterloo by supporting the sustainability and effectiveness of local community and voluntary organisations through drawing in funding, encouraging local partnerships and networks, and increasing their voice on local issues.
Coin Street Community Day - Sat 10 March
Following the success of Coin Street Community Builder's first Community Day which was held last November, its organisers have announced another one, to take place in March. With the aim of ensuring the Waterloo neighbourhood is "thriving, resilient and full of opportunity", its focus will be on sharing, recycling and celebrating entrepreneurship. Activities include:
- Stalls from local organisations
- Market place for local businesses and groups
- Space to swap clothes, books and toys for free. (Would-be swappers are asked to only bring good quality items in a reusable condition to this).
- Information about starting a business and space for new start-ups to showcase their ideas and enthusiasm
- Family Zone with fun activities for children aged 0-8 and their families
- Gardening on the roof terrace, with plant-your-own-veg-to-take-home opportunities
All activities take place at CSCB's Stamford Street community centre, 1 - 5pm. No need to pre-book and entrance is free.
To find out more about taking a stall, either to promote or sell a product or service or to inform people about an idea, project or local organisation, contact Laura at L.Reynolds@coinstreet.org and 020 7021 1600.